Installation of KNAUF plasterboards
Plasterboard ceiling is well known among people.
The advantages of plasterboard ceiling:
- Easy fitting;
- Perfectly smooth surface;
- Available fitting of lighting “tricks”;
- Unlimited possibilities for design solutions.
Although many Lithuanian constructors claim to know how to fit plasterboard ceiling, certain micro cracks, splits and other defects frequently occur after filling and priming the ceiling.
The usual excuse of such workers is either a “moving house” or “unqualified filling specialists”.
Why do such things happen to so many other constructors?
- Extensive lack of theoretical knowledge;
- Reluctance to participate in the seminars held by Knauf;
- Deviations from the plaster fitting technology of Knauf when using materials manufactured by other companies;
- The focus is on the gain rather than the quality of work.
Several tips on fitting high quality plasterboard ceiling
1. Use only Knauf materials when fitting the ceiling according to the Knauf technology.
2. In order to have a solid ceiling and reduce its reaction to the movement of the house to the minimum, a double frame should be installed
3. Prior to fixing the plasterboard, it is necessary to install a jointing tape on the walls to separate the plasterboard from the wall.
This is especially important because with time micro cracks appear at these places, which are covered with shadow gaps after fitting the second layer of plasterboard.
4. When fitting the plasterboard, it is necessary to know that plasterboard must not be attached to the perimeter (fitting is done in accordance with the fire safety rules). The walls and the ceilings must be mutually “independent”.
5. After fitting the first layer of plasterboard, the seams and cut joints are primed with Knauf filler and filled. Then, a second layer is installed for better static, sound insulation and thermal resistance.